Support Today for a Healthier Tomorrow
At the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties we are committed to helping everyone become their best selves! The Y's signature healthy living programs are designed for people wanting to prevent or are dealing with chronic diseases, such as diabetes and heart disease.
To support individuals and families looking to achieve sustainable lifestyle change, we offer a variety of research-informed wellness classes and programs. All of our programs are people-centered, and are designed to help each individual reach their personal best.
We've helped thousands of people reduce their risk of health problems related to chronic disease, and we look forward to being your partner in living a health life! Below is an overview of the health and life conditions you may be facing and the Y program we've designed to support you.
- Arthritis: Enhance Fitness; FitPath Coaching (for strength training)
- Blood Pressure: YMCA Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program
- Cancer Survivorship: LIVESTRONG at the Y
- Diabetes/ Pre-Diabetes: YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program; Diabetes 101 Workshops; YMCA Weight Loss Program; FitPath Coaching
- Heart Disease: FitPath Coaching; Water Aerobics; YMCA Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program
- Overweight/ Obese: YMCA Weight Loss Program; ACT! Actively Changing Together (for youth and families)
- Parkinson's Disease: Pedaling for Parkinson's
- Whole Person Health/ Wellness: Personalized wellness planning, nutrition counseling, yoga, Life University (support groups)
Program offerings vary by season and location. For additional information about the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties' Healthy Living Programs, please contact:
Susan Buell | 253-460-8912