Achieve. Thrive. Connect.
Join a community of individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors. Every hour you contribute provides children and adults the support they need to be healthy, confident, connected, and secure.
Apply to be a Volunteer
New Volunteer Applications are reviewed every Tuesday
Once received for processing, a background check will be conducted
If there are questions, you will receive an email with next steps
Enter references into our third-party reference check site, Outmatch
Our team will review and approve references or reach out if there are questions
Additional training may be required for your role
Get Oriented and Get Started!
We will connect you to your supervisor who will schedule your first day
- Lead our Advisory Council and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and support many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more, and live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively affect societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities that give back and support their neighbors
Because of our role as an advocate for children and our responsibility for ensuring the safety and well-being of all our members, guests, volunteers, and staff, we conduct a thorough background check to the extent permitted by law. While criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to volunteering, they will be considered in relation to job placement.
YMCA volunteers are also required to complete the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties Child Abuse Prevention Training.