MultiCare Health System and the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties have partnered to improve the overall health and wellness of our community. With a focus on nutrition and physical activity, we commit to offering community-wide tools and services to help you get healthy.
Together, we offer a variety of collaborative programs and three co-locations in Pierce County.
Download Our Partnership brochure
Ask your provider about these programs available through MultiCare YMCA01 EPIC referral.
YMCA Weight Loss Program
Evidence-Based Weight Management
- A program for adults ages 18 and older focused on sustainable ways to eat healthier, increase physical activity, and lose weight.
- Participants meet with a trained YMCA instructor in a small supportive group of others working on similar goals.
- Three-month program with 12 weekly one-hour sessions.
YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program
Type 2 Diabetes Prevention
- Helps adults reduce their risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- A trained lifestyle coach facilitates discussions with a small group of participants on topics such as healthy eating, physical activity, motivation, and more.
- Goals are to reduce body weight by 7% and increase physical activity to 150 minutes per week.
- One-year program consisting of 25 sessions.
- Qualified participants receive a four-month YMCA membership.
ACT! Actively Changing Together
Childhood and Family Obesity Intervention
- Helps overweight youth and their families establish healthy eating habits and incorporate physical activity into their daily routines.
- During sessions parents and guardians participate with their child(ren) in energizing games and activities, learn how to prepare healthy food, and receive support to make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Program is for youth ages 8-14 who have a high pediatric BMI.
- 12-week program with one 90-minute session per week.
- Qualified participants receive a three-month YMCA family membership.
Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring
- Participants establish routines for monitoring their blood pressure and learn about healthier eating habits.
- Goals include a reduction in blood pressure; development of new skills to manage blood pressure; ability to identify and control triggers that elevate blood pressure; and more confidence to adopt healthy eating habits.
- Four-month program with individual healthy heart coaching and monthly nutrition seminars.
Fall Risk Reduction and Arthritis Management
- Group exercise program that helps adults managing chronic conditions, such as arthritis, to gain strength.
- Participants learn manageable movements that encourage them to be consistently active.
- Meets three times weekly for 60 minutes.
- Enhance Fitness is only available for Y members.
Empowering Pregnancy and Motherhood
Pregnancy and Postpartum Wellness
- Helps pregnant and recently postpartum women have healthy babies through education about physical activity and nutrition.
- Program is a collaboration with MultiCare’s Center for Healthy Equity and Wellness. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Five-week program with one weekly 90-minute session.
- Program is for SNAP eligible participants.
- Qualified participants receive a one-month YMCA individual membership.
If you're a graduate of the Empowering Pregnancy and Motherhood program
LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA
- Strength and fitness program for adults living with cancer or beyond cancer treatments.
- Participants meet with a YMCA-certified instructor to increase flexibility and endurance, build muscle, and improve capacity to perform daily activities.
- 12-week program with two 90-minute sessions per week.
- Qualified participants receive a three-month membership for themselves and a support person
MultiCare Program Graduates
Benefit For Graduates Of Eligible MultiCare Programs
- Congratulations on completing your MultiCare health program! The YMCA is grateful to help you on your continued journey to reclaim your health.
- Learn more about how to claim your complimentary one-month membership at the Y.
Pedaling for Parkinson’s
- Research conducted at the Cleveland Clinic showed pedaling a bicycle at a consistent RPM over a period time can reduce Parkinson’s disease symptoms by as much as 35%.
- Groups meet on an ongoing basis for 60-minute sessions.