Family Fun and Discovery
Children ages 6 weeks to 6 years enjoy age-appropriate activities in a safe, healthy environment while you work out.
Registration, Locations, and Hours
Register for Child Watch at your local Y at ymcapkc.org/locations.
Availability varies by community center. Check with your center if you have questions.
Friday and Saturday | 9am-12:30pm
Friday | 8:30am-7pm
Saturday | 8:30am-2pm
Sunday | 9am-12pm
Friday and Saturday | 8am-12pm
Friday and Saturday | 8:00am-12pm
Friday and Saturday | 9am-1pm
Friday and Saturday | 8:30am-1pm
Friday and Saturday | 8am-1pm
Monday-Thursday | 4pm-7:30pm
Saturday | 8:30am-12:30pm
Members must pay for Child Watch before dropping off their children.
Child Watch fees are not eligible for a scholarship.
processes and procedures.
Child Watch offers a safe space for your child to play and have fun. This program is designed to provide our members’ families with fun and engaging activities such as art projects, group games, and more! Child Watch promotes social interaction and connection in a supportive, healthy environment.
- You are welcome to provide your child with a healthy snack. Due to allergies, no nuts or nut products of any kind are allowed in Child Watch.
- Infant bottles should be prefilled with water and the designated portion of formula must be already premeasured or the bottle should be pre mixed.
- Please label all your child's belongings (bottles, pacifiers, etc.).
- Please do not bring personal toys or valuables to Child Watch. We are not responsible for any lost or broken items.
- Child must be changed and/or has used the restroom before entering Child Watch. |
- Please have the child wearing shoes if they are walking
- Parents must supply diapers and wipes.
- We do not apply cream, lotion, or powders.
- If you would prefer to be notified and change your child's diaper if needed, please communicate that to staff when dropping off your child.
- Pull-up required until child is accident-free for 30 days.
- Please communicate with staff if child is potty training and any important directives.
- A fresh change of clothes is encouraged just in case of an accident.
Health and Safety
- Children with the following symptoms/illness will not be allowed in Child Watch: vomiting, diarrhea, fever, undiagnosed rash.
- Child Watch staff will not administer any medication, topical ointments, or natural remedies.
- To be authorized for pickup you must be on the child's account in the Alaris system. Must be 18 years or older.
- Please save the parent or guardian sticker for pick-up or handing off the sticker to the person who will be picking-up the child.
- Child Watch locations will stop accepting children 30 minutes before closing.
- Care through Child Watch is provided for up to two hours per day.
- Parent/Guardian must remain in the building at all times when children are in Child Watch.
- Community Centers with outdoor fields, parent/guardians are allowed to be on the premises while children are in Child Watch.
- Child Watch staff will not be permitted to have their own child(ren) in Child Watch.
- Financial assistance will not be available to be applied to Child Watch.
Each Child Watch is unique and we will have a maximum capacity based on our occupancy for the space. We want to ensure staff are available to attend to participants while in proper staff-to-child ratio as well as enforce our cleaning policies to keep our members and families safe.
Each child in your family can be checked into Child Watch for a maximum of two hours per day. Children cannot be checked in for two hours both in the morning and then again in the afternoon of the same day. If parents are repeatedly or severely late for pick up it could result in temporary suspension of CW privileges.
The Y is hopeful our families will use Child Watch as much as possible each month. We will not be prorating each month based on usage, as this is a flat rate.
Please keep your children at home if they are feeling ill, as we will not be able to check in participants in if they are showing symptoms or sick. Our practice is to not prorate due to illness. If an illness is prolonged or unexpected circumstances arise, please reach out to the Youth Director at your local Y to discuss available options.