- Member Health: The applicant represents that he/she is in physically sound condition and understands participation in aerobics and other exercise, weight training, recreational sports, and use of pools, spas, saunas, steam rooms, and fitness equipment carry a potential risk of injuries or illness. The applicant understands the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties assumes no responsibility for any such injury or illness.
- Member Conduct and Right to Use the Facility: Applicant agrees to abide by all policies and procedures of the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties and its branches, and understands failure to act in accordance with these rules may result in expulsion from the YMCA and revocation of the membership.
- Criminal History: The applicant acknowledges it is the policy of the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties to deny membership to any individual registered as a sex offender.
- Property Loss: The applicant understands the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is not responsible for personal property lost, damaged, or stolen while using YMCA facilities or participating in YMCA programs.
- Photograph Permission: The applicant hereby grants permission for the YMCA to use, without limitation or obligation, photographs or other media which may include the member’s image or voice to promote or interpret YMCA programs.
- Insurance: The applicant understands the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties does not provide any accident or health insurance for its members or participants, and further understands it is the applicant’s responsibility to provide such coverage.
- Membership Cancellation: Any discrepancies to membership cancellation must be brought to the YMCA’s attention within 90 days. The YMCA is not liable for any discrepancies to membership cancellation passed 90 days.
- Camera and Cell Phone Use: Cell phone usage is prohibited in locker rooms and dressing rooms. Members may take pictures for their personal use in classes or activity areas if they have obtained prior approval from the class instructor or the staff member on duty for the activity, and only when it is considered non-disruptive to the activity taking place. The privacy of those being photographed must be understood and respected. Use of photographic equipment shall not be permitted if disruptive of activities taking place or if the physical or emotional safety of other participants is compromised.
Guests who would like to visit our facility may purchase a one-day guest pass and take advantage of any free activity or drop-in programs offered on that day.
Guest passes are valid anytime on the day of purchase at any YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties facility. Current members may bring guests at a reduced rate.
Photo identification and a signed liability waiver are required for all guests 16 and older. Parent/guardian signatures on liability waivers are required for those under 18 years of age. In addition, a parent/guardian must accompany all children under the age of 12. Children ages 8-14 may be in the facility for no more than two hours without an adult on site. Daily fees incurred within 30 days of purchasing a YMCA membership may be applied towards the joining fee. Please visit the Membership Office to purchase a guest pass.
Youth (Age 0-14)
- Guest Pass with a YMCA Member: $5
- Guest Pass without a Member: $10
Adult (Ages 15+)
- Guest Pass with a YMCA Member: $10
- Guest Pass without a Member: $15
- Guest Pass with a YMCA Member: $15
- Guest Pass without a Member: $25
Please protect your valuables and yourself in public places. The unfortunate reality, is that any and all visible items, gifts, and valuables left in your vehicle in a public or private parking lot increases the likelihood of your vehicle being broken into. Whether you hide your purse under the seat, or throw a blanket over valuables in the backseat you cannot prevent car theft unless your car has zero visible items.
To help minimize parking lot theft our staff along with the assistance of the Puyallup Police Department and the Puyallup VIPS (Volunteers in Police Service) will be scanning the parking lot and reminding our members to make sure all valuables are taken when exiting the car.
We make every effort possible to keep the Y and its programs running during periods of inclement weather. Operating decisions are based on weather alerts, road and school closures, and the ability of our wonderful staff to get to and from the facility safely. View our Inclement Weather Policy.
- If the Puyallup School District is on a two hour delay, all classes and programs are cancelled until 2pm.
- A decision will be made at 12pm whether afternoon/evening classes will take place.
High winds or extreme temperatures situations may result in power outages. We ask in all inclement weather conditions that you use your personal discretion in determining whether your journey to and from our facility is safe. We will evaluate the safety of our facility and also the surrounding conditions of our communities roads and power systems to determine what action is taken.
Please contact our Membership Desk at 253-460-8962, in order to cancel your membership.
The notification of cancellation must be received by the 25th day of the current month in order to take effect the following month. If a membership lapses for more than 90 days, a rejoining fee will apply.
In order to maintain a safe environment for members of all ages, please refer to the facility age guidelines.