Contact Our Before and After School Care Team
Pierce County Office
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Kitsap County Office
Email | email@example.com
Full Time Rates
$350-500 per month
All rates are billed monthly. View our full child care rate table below to customize rates and days that fit your schedule. You will have the flexibility to select your specific daily schedule.
View Full Rate Schedule For Care
Complete the registration packet online. In state-licensed child care, all information is required in order to register. The $50 registration fee will be due in order to register for school care, ELC, and camps. It is non-refundable and non-transferrable. Your answers will be saved for future registration to make the process quicker and easier.
Step 3 | Register for your location and schedule. The child care office will contact you once your registration is approved and you are able to complete Step 3
*For DCYF Subsidy Families
If you pay the $50 registration fee, it will be refunded back to you after your authorization is received. DCYF pays for your registration fee. If the $50 fee prevents you from registering immediately, contact your local child care office to complete this step without paying.
Pierce County | 253-534-7840
For Private Pay Families
There is a $100 max per family. If you pay more than $100 in registration fees, the additional amount over $100 will be credited to your account.
You will now be completing the registration packet online! The system will save your answers for future child care registration to make the process quicker and easier.
Priority Registration: You will receive an email with a code on June 28, which waives your registration fee during our 2 week priority registration period. June 28 – July 9
- Use Code to waive $50 registration fee. Valid from June 28 – July 9.
- Complete registration packet on the YMCAPKC website
- Child Care Office will review and approve or contact you for more information. Once you are approved, you can select your schedule.
Payments and Billing
Payments are due by the 5th of each month. A late fee will apply on the 6th.
- Balance Due on Account | If you have a balance on your account, the system will not allow you to register for a program at the branches without paying your balance due.
If fees have not been paid by the 15th of the month, care will be suspended.
Child care fees draft on the 5th of each month. You can make a payment for child care at any time through your online account or by contacting your child care office.
Unfortunately not. FSA cards cannot be processed by our system. You can submit a reimbursement form to our child care office to complete.
- Credit & debit cards (no FSA cards)
- Cash & check
- Money Orders
Payments cannot be accepted at child care sites. Cash, check, or money orders need to be given directly to our child care offices:
- 3330 Kitsap Way Bremerton, WA 98312
- 1614 S Mildred St Ste 1, Tacoma WA 98465
YMCA Child Care is a school year program based on school in-session days (20 day months). Fees are calculated and averaged over the school year to ensure a consistent monthly charge. There are no pro-rates for months with break weeks, shorter months, or inclement weather. Some rates are subject to change.
Free YMCA Membership for each child enrolled.
Discounts may not be combined and do not apply to drop-in fees, registration fees, or YMCA community center program.
- Active Military and DOD personnel can receive child care subsidies by applying online at childcareaware.org. If you apply and do not qualify for the subsidy, contact the child care office for a 10% discount.
- 10% sibling discount is available for multiple children.
School District Staff
- If you are a teacher and/or school district personnel within a school district we service (Clover Park, Bremerton, Central Kitsap, South Kitsap, Peninsula, or Tacoma), you can receive a 50% discount with ID verification.
- If you are a YMCA staff you will receive a 50% discount on your child care fees.
- If you are a YMCA Child Care staff, you will receive 100% discount on your child care fees.
Subsidies For Third Parties
The Y is open to all, regardless of gender, race, age, background, income, or physical or mental ability. Financial Assistance is available. We accept the following subsidies:
- Child Care Aware/NACCRRA
- Puyallup Tribes
- Muckleshoot Indian Tribe
If you have a subsidy or third party payer that is not listed above, contact our child care office at 253-534-7840 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see if you qualify, contact the Department of Children, Youth and Families. Call DCYF at 1-844-626-8687.
If you are using DSHS/DCYF, the following items are required in order to start:
- Completed registration packet
- Authorization from DSHS for the correct site & number of authorized days per month.
Once both items are received, it is a two business day processing period.
Contact our child care office to get the 6 digit provider number for your child care site. You will need to give this to DSHS/DCYF. This tells them which site your child is going to and gives them our contact information. They will email the authorization directly to our office. Once we receive it, we will confirm the information with you.
Your copay will be due as assigned by DSHS. This is due by fifth of the month. A late payment fee of $25 will apply if not paid by end of day on fifth of each month.
- Apply through Child Care Aware’s website or over the phone. More information available at childcareaware.org.
- Contact our child care office for the provider number specific to your child care site.
- If approved by Child Care Aware, your application will be backdated to the date you submitted your CCA application.