Adapting To State Restrictions
We hope all Y members stay healthy during this time. In order to support the prevention of the spread of COVID-19, the YMCA is shifting operations including only being open for pool activities. Youth Arts and Gymnastics will start virtually, November 23. Learn more.
Kids create memories, learn skills, and build confidence as they explore new interests and passions at the Y. We're committed to helping all kids be their best selves.
Opens: 7am on October 27
Closes: October 30
Opens: 7am on November 4
Closes: November 21
November 9-December 13 (no classes November 26-28)
Youth Arts: Ages 3 and older
Youth Gymnastics: Ages 5-12
Make Sure You're All Set For Registration
Please sign up for a beginning level class unless you have extensive previous experience. Instructors will evaluate all students during the first two weeks of classes to ensure correct placement. Instructors will connect with families regarding any class level changes that need to be made.
Already Registered For Class?
Find out what you need to start your first day.
Find In-Person Youth Arts and Gymnastics Classes
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve consistently adapted our programs in partnership with our local health departments to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We focus on creating a clean and healthy environment for everyone with protocols that include regular cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting by our trained staff. We will keep kids together in small groups with minimal exposure to other groups.
Our goal is to ensure equal access to all. Please honor these limits to ensure every youth has an opportunity to enjoy Y programs.
- Standard registration, October 27-30: Each youth member may register for one class.
- Late registration, November 4-21: Each youth member is welcomed to register for unlimited classes.
We understand our parents and guardians enjoy watching your kids engage in programs! We are happy to accommodate parent/guardian viewing as much as we're able based on state guidelines and capacity requirements. Please review these tips to set your family up for success:
- Parent/guardian viewing may not be available at all community centers.
- Where available, we recommend limiting to one parent/guardian per household to support limited capacity requirements.
- The Y is currently open to YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties members only. However, one non-member parent/guardian with youth-only accounts may access the Y with the youth member. Photo identification and standard check-in process required.
Masks are required for youth 5+ when not participating in active exercise.
- Gymnastics - Mask required upon class arrival, departure and times of transition between activities for youth 5+. Masks are encouraged but not required while actively participating in program activity
- Performing Arts - Mask required upon class arrival, departure and times of transition between activities for youth 5+. Masks are encouraged but not required while actively participating in program activity
- Visual Arts - Mask required for program for youth 5+
We have worked diligently to ensure we align with state guidelines and protocol to ensure a safe environment. Class numbers are dependent on space and square footage in alignment with guidelines. So participant numbers will vary by community center and class location.