Adapting To State Restrictions
We are thrilled to offer indoor and outdoor workouts within the new guidelines. No reservation required to access cardio, strength, and free weight equipment. Capacity is dependent on room space and identified in each area.
The Y is committed to creating a safe environment for everyone and supporting the state's efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19. Please honor the state guideline at the Y by wearing your mask indoors and outdoors and while working out.
We understand the state guidelines change often and sometimes lack clarity, which can create confusion and frustration. Our intent is to provide clarity and create a safe environment in collaboration with Y members and staff.
The Y is currently following the Fitness and Training COVID-19 Requirements released by the Governor’s Office in January 2021. These requirements state: “Masks required for staff and participants at all times.” The full document is available at coronavirus.wa.gov. We also follow guidelines from the state regarding the requirements of a face covering:
A face covering must:
- Fit snugly against the sides of the face;
- Completely cover the nose and mouth;
- Be secured with ties, ear loops, elastic bands, or other equally effective methods;
- Include at least one layer of cloth, although multiple layers are strongly recommended;
- Allow for breathing without restriction; and
- Be capable of being laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape.
- Face shields may be worn over a face covering that meets the above requirements.
This means a mask must be worn while at the Y, however, we offer a variety of virtual programs and classes for all ages that can be taken from the comfort of home.
- Activate your YMCA membership or join online.
- Review safety and etiquette guidelines for the facility and/or aquatics center.
- Stay home if you're experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state public health officials encourage seniors and members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay at home.
Indoor group exercise classes include Cardio, Low Impact, Cycling, and more.
Access cardio and strength equipment, group exercise classes, and more.
Court sports include basketball, handball, pickle ball, racquetball, and squash.
Spend time with your family with YMCA Camp Seymour outdoor programs like archery and zip-lining.
Aquatics classes include water aerobics and fitness classes to build strength with low impact. Come prepared with a towel from home.
Reserve single or split lane lap swim time in our safe and clean aquatics centers. Come prepared with a towel from home.
Reserve recreational swim to spend quality time with your family in our safe and clean aquatics centers. Come prepared with a towel from home.
Access YMCA live group exercise classes anywhere on the new Virtual Y! Members enjoy fitness classes and with many new live classes each week.