Virtual Tour & Amenities
- Basketball courts
- BeHive Massage Therapy with therapists onsite to meet your wellness needs
- Cardio Theater with MP3 player connectors
- Free weights and Weight Equipment
- Group cycling studio
- Group exercise rooms
- Handball, Racquetball, Squash Courts
- Hot tub
- Indoor Track
- Locker Rooms with vanity areas
- Reserved Member Parking Lots (Market Street and Court D Lots)
- Pilates Studio
- Secure storage lockers
- Steam Room
- Stretching Area
- Toning Studio
- Volleyball Courts
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is committed to providing a safe, positive, and welcoming environment for all of our members, guests, and community. To ensure the safety and comfort of all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times while in our facilities and while they are participating in YMCA programs.
We expect all those using our YMCA facilities and programs to behave in an appropriate, mature, and responsible manner, respecting the rights and dignity of others. Our Code of Conduct does not permit language or action that can hurt, frighten, or intimidate another person or falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct. Violation of these guidelines may result in suspension or revocation of membership privileges. Specifically we ask you to:
- Our facilities are Safe Zones. The use or possession of tobacco products, drugs, alcohol, or dangerous weapons is not allowed in or at YMCA programs or facilities.
- Unsafe, reckless, or dangerous behavior will not be tolerated.
Be Caring to Others:
- Fighting, physical confrontation, or threatening behavior is not allowed in YMCA programs or facilities.
Be Respectful of Yourself and Others:
- Mistreatment or harassment of YMCA members, guests, or staff is strictly prohibited.
- Any demonstration of inappropriate displays of affection, sexual activity, or sexual contact with another person is strictly prohibited.
- Intentional damage or theft of another person’s property or YMCA property will not be tolerated.
- Abusive or profane language will not be tolerated.
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times. As a family organization we encourage members and guests to maintain an appearance that is not disruptive, distracting, nor offensive in any regard or attire that does not present health or safety concerns. Accordingly, YMCA may restrict appearance and attire with special consideration for those specific issues. The list below is meant for example purposes and may not be inclusive of all expectations:
- Clothing and jewelry that carry sexual, vulgar, or offensive messages or references, including pictures of the use of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, and gang affiliation and any apparel item that can be used as a weapon will not be permitted.
- Tattoos, body art, piercings or body modifications that carry sexual, vulgar, or offensive messages, references or pictures, including that of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, and gang affiliations, will not be permitted. You may cover these so that they are not exposed while using the facility.
Additionally, throughout the facility:
- Closed-toe athletic shoes and shirts or workout tops are required. Exceptions for certain classes and programs such as Yoga or dance classes. No shirts vs. skins games.
- Pants and shorts must be worn at the waist; underwear, boxers, or undershorts must be covered.
- Eye guards are strongly recommended to be worn in the racquetball courts during racquetball, squash, and handball play.
- Proper swim attire is to be worn in the swimming pools and spa areas. Please no gym shorts, cut offs or T-shirts. One piece suits for women are encouraged.
- Appropriate attire (swimwear) or towel wraps (non-coed facilities) are required for use of saunas and steam rooms.
- Members are required to show and scan their membership card upon entrance to a YMCA facility. Guests must be accompanied by the host member and are required to present photo identification.
Be Honest With Yourself and Others:
Conduct that does not support the YMCA mission or values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility is not acceptable and your membership could be terminated.
100% ID CHECK ALWAYS IN EFFECT
- In order to better protect our members, guests, and staff, all visitors *14 years of age and older are required to show a valid, government-issued ID.
- This policy helps us account for all people in the facility, making the YMCA a safer place for all in attendance. Community members who intend to visit the facility on a regular basis can elect to have their picture taken and stored in our database in lieu of showing picture ID during subsequent visits, but all first-time guests MUST present ID to enter the facility.
GUEST POLICY AND WAIVER
- Community members and guests wishing to visit the facility are required to sign our guest waiver before entering the facility. Additionally, all minors entering the facility must have their guest waivers signed by a parent or guardian.
- Tacoma Center Y offers programs and services for adults ages 15 and older Monday through Friday.
- Youth 8 years of age and older are allowed in the facility on Saturdays and Sundays for a maximum of two hours without parent or guardian supervision. Youth should not loiter in exercise areas, tracks, hallways, locker rooms, or meeting areas.
- If an unsupervised youth member is engaging in inappropriate behavior or is acting disrespectful towards staff or members, the parent and/or guardian will be notified, and asked to remove the youth from the Y premises for the day.
For additional membership identification or policy questions, contact Telly Lau at 253-460-8874.