Join our nationally-certified instructors in the pool for a fun and challenging workout. Work at your own ability level during a variety of water exercise classes that provide a low-impact workout in the pool. Have fun with the encouragement from friendly, welcoming classmates!
Try water exercise with no fee by finding a class that inspires you, reserving your time, and connecting with your community through healthy living!
To help keep our members and staff safe, the Y will have limited capacity to ensure proper physical distancing in alignment with government and health department guidelines.
Please practice our key safety procedures every time you visit the Y:
- Stay home if you're sick.
- Review and answer the screening questions upon entry.
- Wear your mask anytime you're not engaged in physical activity, including between weight lifting sets.
- Stay six feet apart at all times.
- Use gym wipes to wipe down equipment immediately after each use.
All Posted Pool Rules Apply to Maintain a Safe Aquatic Environment
Age Guidelines For Lap Swim and Water Aerobics
- Ages 8-14 must be able to pass a lap swim test and be continuously lap swimming to reserve a lane
- Members 15+ can reserve without a lap swim test
- We recommend teens and adults ages 15 and older for water aerobics. Youth ages 8-14 may join but must be able to pass a lap swim test and be continuously lap swimming to reserve a lane
Masks and Social Distancing
- Masks should be worn upon entering our Community Centers and should remain in place until a member is ready to exercise. After their workout, members should put their facemask on. Facemasks are not required to be worn in the pool while working out
- Maintain six feet of distance from swimmers in adjoining lanes
- Members who would like to sit and watch family members and friends must wear a mask at all times while on deck
Coming Prepared and Showers
- Members should plan to arrive in their bathing suits as locker rooms will be closed, however, a shower will be available on deck to rinse off before and after swimming
- Members must bring their own towel, bathing suit, cap, and goggles
- Personal items should be kept on the pool deck within sight as the locker room lockers are currently off-limits.
Other Safety Considerations and Borrowing Pool Equipment
- Be mindful that lane one has the chair lift accommodation for members with disabilities. Members may be asked to either move a safe distance away or to another vacant lane
- Water walking is permitted as long as the member stays within their lane
- If members borrow items (kickboard, fins, waist belts, etc.) please disinfect the items and place them on their corresponding shelves. Staff members are available to assist when needed