Haselwood Family Y Policies
INCLEMENT WEATHER PRACTICE
The Haselwood YMCA makes every effort possible to keep the facility and its programs running during periods of inclement weather. Operating decisions are based on weather alerts, road and school closings and the ability of the YMCA staff and members to get to and from the Y, and operate the facility safely.
For All Classes (Youth Registered Swim Lessons, Land Classes, and Drop-In | Adult Group Exercise) Cancellation Practice:
- If the Central Kitsap School District has a delayed start due to inclement weather:
- We will cancel all morning classes until 12pm and the facility will be open for general use only.
- A decision will be made by 12pm whether afternoon/evening classes will take place.
- If Central Kitsap Schools cancels school due to inclement weather:
- All classes will be canceled for the day, and the facility will be available for open workouts only.
- If the school district cancels all afternoon and evening activities:
- All evening classes will be canceled.
- A decision will be made at opening for Saturday and Sunday classes.
Please feel free to contact our Welcome Center at 360-698-9622 for any questions on class cancellations or modification in operating hours for inclement weather.
When closures or delays occur we will update our homepage with Alerts at the top of the page.
Visit us on Facebook for up-to-the-minute information regarding inclement weather.
The Y is a cause for strengthening community. That’s why we’re here working with you every day, making sure that you, your family, and community have the resources and support you need to learn, grow, and thrive. Learn more about becoming a member.
At every age and every level of activity, you will find people just like you looking to become a little healthier. The Y has the facilities, equipment, programs, staff, and dedicated membership to support you as you choose your path a healthier lifestyle.
The Haselwood Family YMCA offers a variety of fitness classes for all levels and abilities. All classes are included in your YMCA membership and available on a drop-in basis.