YMCA Before and After School programs focus on safety, health, social growth, and academic enrichment for children ages 5-12. In our care, your child will receive:
- 60 minutes of physical activity
- Healthy snacks
- Academic support
- Leadership and youth development
- Care from licensed and certified staff
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) and enrichment activities
- YMCA membership
YMCA Child Care Office
Select the icon located at the top-left corner of the map or expand the list below to view school locations for YMCA Before and After School Care programs in your district.
All YMCA Before and After School Care programs at Tacoma schools open at 7am (except Lowell Elementary) and close at 6:30pm.
- Blix Elementary
- Bryant Montessori
- DeLong Elementary
- Geiger Montessori
- Grant Elementary
- Jefferson Elementary (starting 2018-2019 school year)
- Lister Elementary
- Lowell Elementary (care opens at 6:30am) | Location serves:
-Mason Middle School
- Sherman Elementary
- Skyline Elementary
- Washington Elementary (starting 2018-2019 school year)
Transportation is provided by Tacoma Public Schools for participants attending care at Lowell from Mason Middle School.
Care at your school: If you are interested in YMCA Before and After School Child Care within the Tacoma Public Schools and your school is not listed above, please complete this Interest Form.
Through an extraordinary collaboration between Tacoma Public Schools, Metro Parks Tacoma, the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties, and the Boys and Girls Club, Tacoma youth now have access to instructional sports programs after school.
Beginning this fall, the new partnership will offer school-based recreational sports leagues to elementary school students. Learn more
- Fall: Soccer
- Winter: Basketball, Flag Football/Volleyball
- Spring: Baseball/Fastpitch
- Golf will be offered by The First Tee on a rotating seasonal schedule (grades 3-5)
Partnership Program Benefits:
- Encourages physical activity and teamwork
- Reduces transportation barriers
- Promotes school pride
- Boosts community connections
- Youth volunteer program for off-season high school athletes
Angie White, Activity Director