We are excited to welcome you back on September 7! The Y is considered an indoor recreation facility, which is eligible to open within state guidelines in Pierce and Kitsap counties. Sign your waiver and check out our blog for a few things you can do now to get ready to return to the Y and please enjoy our Virtual Y offerings at no cost!
What To Expect
Washington State Phase 2 and 3 Fitness and Training Requirements
- Access the facility through the front doors, no other entry points will be available
- Towel Service will be discontinued during this phase
- No in-facility Child Watch permitted
- No showers, squash or racquetball courts, hot-tubs, saunas, or steam rooms available during these phases
- Certain recreational spaces limited to only small groups of 5 with minimum of 6 feet physical distance between individuals at all time
- Locker room use will be limited for hand washing and restrooms only, or avoided if possible
- Recreational facilities at <25% capacity (pools have limited designated usage)
- Allow gatherings with no more than 5 people
- All group fitness classes are limited to a max of 5 - dependent upon space
Building Capacities (Based On One Person Per 300 Usable SQ FT)
- 25% capacity numbers factored at full building capacity (1 person per 100 sq ft), though only taking into account the open, usable square footage allowed during current phase guidelines (Phase 2 and 3) - room capacity posted in each space, based either on 1/300 sq ft or 25% capacity - whichever number is lower
- Branches larger than 12,000 sq ft, occupancy may not exceed 25% capacity
Washington State Phase 4 Fitness and Training Requirements
- To be determined
Frequently Asked Questions | Your Safety Is Our Priority
What is the Y’s reopening plan?
We are excited to welcome you back on September 7! The Y is considered an indoor recreation facility, which is eligible to open within State guidelines in Pierce and Kitsap counties. Visit ymcapkc.org/welcomeback for the latest updates and see how you can prepare to return!
Are masks required at the Y?
Yes. In alignment with state guidelines and to ensure the safety of our Y community masks are required of staff and members. We require a face covering to be worn upon entry and in common spaces of the branch. Use of a face covering is encouraged by not required during active exercise.
Will the pool open when the Y reopens?
We understand that the aquatics center is an important part of the Y experience. While our pools will likely not be available for use at our initial reopening based on capacity and staff resources available we will be working quickly to ensure you have access as soon as possible.
Based on state guidelines, hot tubs, steam rooms and saunas will not be available for use.
Locker rooms will also only be available for restroom use within guidelines so you are encourage to come prepared.
Will people 65 and older and those who are high-risk be able to visit the Y upon reopening?
We are thrilled to share that the state has removed this limitation and we are able to welcome individuals of all ages into our facilities when we open!