GETTING STARTED AT THE TOM TAYLOR FAMILY YMCA
Welcome to the Tom Taylor Family YMCA! Read our monthly newsletter, download our newest program guide, view upcoming events, and become a member online, or expand the sections below to learn more about daily guest passes, making your free FITNESS ORIENTATION appointment, or purchasing a personal training package.
Youth Basketball League | July 8 - August 31
Youth Basketball League
Practice dribbling, passing, catching, shooting and footwork skills, as well as concepts of offense, defense, cooperation, and teamwork as a member on a team and participate in competitive matches.
We offer a large variety of small group classes every session. Check out some of our new offerings! As we are working hard to make sure we have you covered for all of your health and well-being needs.
Women on Weights
Experience a variety of strength workouts using different weight room equipment during this eight-week program designed especially for women. Now being offered on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Wednesday and Friday mornings!
September 4 - October 25 | Monday/Wednesday | 10-11:30am $40
September 24 - November 14 | Tuesday/Thursday | 5-6:30pm | $40
Tom Taylor Tri | August 4, 2019 | 10:30am-2:30pm
Grab your swim cap, pump up your bike tires, lace up your shoes, and get ready for some fun at Tom Taylor Triathlon!
Spots are limited! 36 spots available.
The triathlon will utilize the pool, spin bikes, and the road around the facility.
Questions? Steve Triller at 253-534-7863
Join a community of individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors. Every hour you contribute provides children and adults the support they need to be healthy, confident, connected, and secure. Please allow approximately 30 days to process your Volunteer Application.
WHAT OUR VOLUNTEERS DO
- Lead our Advisory Council and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more, and live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively affect societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities that give back and support their neighbors
Schedule a Fitness Orientation to meet with a friendly Y coach and discuss your personal goals. Orientation appointment types include Connection, Equipment, Motivation, Measurement, Coaching for Healthy Eating, and Youth.
- CONNECTION APPOINTMENT | Get connected to Y programs based on your interests and personal goals. Take a tour of the facility, learn about programs and cardio equipment, and get to know our friendly Y staff.
- EQUIPMENT APPOINTMENT | Develop a safe and effective workout routine. Learn about fitness equipment and resources including free weights, weight machines, cardio equipment, Y workouts, and gym etiquette.
- MOTIVATION APPOINTMENT | Talk with a health coach about your wellness vision and create a plan to help you reach your goals. Learn about the many supportive resources and programs available to you as a Y member.
- MEASUREMENT APPOINTMENT | Set baseline measurements to support your goals. Measurements include cardiorespiratory functions, body composition, muscular endurance, and flexibility.
- COACHING FOR HEALTHY EATING APPOINTMENT | Review your current diet and learn ideas to improve your nutrition through healthy eating resources and programs.
- YOUTH APPOINTMENT | Youth 10-14 years old can meet with a health coach to learn exercises and how to safely use fitness equipment that is age-appropriate.
Our certified personal trainers will use their knowledge of current research concepts, principles of sound exercise, and state-of-the-art equipment to design and implement a program tailored just for you. Contact Deb Delong at 253-906-9945.Learn More about Personal Training
Guests who would like to visit our facility may purchase a one-day gues pass and take advantage of any free activity or drop-in programs offered on that day. Guest passes are valid anytime on the day of purchase at any YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties facility. Current members may bring guests at a reduced rate. Photo identification and a signed liability waiver are required for all guests 16 and older. Parent/guardian signatures on liability waivers are required for those under 18 years of age. In addition, a parent/guardian must accompany all children under the age of 12. Daily fees incurred within 30 days of purchasing a YMCA membership may be applied towards the joining fee. Please visit the Membership Office to purchase a guest pass.
Youth (Age 0-14)
- Guest Pass with a YMCA Member: $5
- Guest Pass without a Member: $10
Adult (Ages 15+)
- Guest Pass with a YMCA Member: $10
- Guest Pass without a Member: $15
- Guest Pass with a YMCA Member: $15
- Guest Pass without a Member: $25
JOIN THE Y TODAY