GETTING STARTED AT THE TOM TAYLOR FAMILY YMCA
Welcome to the Tom Taylor Family YMCA! Read our monthly newsletter, download our newest program guide, view upcoming events, and become a member online, or expand the sections below to learn more about daily guest passes, making your free FITNESS ORIENTATION appointment, or purchasing a personal training package.
Youth Basketball League | January 14-March 16
Youth Basketball League
Practice dribbling, passing, catching, shooting and footwork skills, as well as concepts of offense, defense, cooperation, and teamwork as a member on a team and participate in competitive matches.
Youth Basketball Tour
Join us for our upcoming Youth Basketball Tour coming January 12! This will be open to those that are set up for our upcoming basketball league and those that are not. Sign up and learn the fundamentals of basketball skills during this one-day-clinic at our Tom Taylor Family YMCA.
We offer a large variety of small group classes every session. Check out some of our new offerings! As we are working hard to make sure we have you covered for all of your health and well-being needs.
Women on Weights
Experience a variety of strength workouts using different weight room equipment during this eight-week program designed especially for women. Now being offered on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Wednesday and Friday mornings!
January 9-March 1 | Wednesdays and Fridays | 10-11:30am | $40
January 15-March 7 | Tuesdays and Thursdays | 5-6:30pm | $40
Nutrition Education Classes
Discover the world of nutrition, health, and fitness in our quarterly nutrition education classes. Come learn about a wide variety of nutrition topics throughout the year.
Starts in January!
Livestrong | Spring Session
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a twelve-week, small group program designed for adult cancer survivors. This program fulfills the important need of supporting the increasing number of cancer survivors who find themselves in the transitional period between completing their cancer treatment and the shift to feeling physically and emotionally strong enough to attempt to return to their normal life or their "new normal". The program is conducted outside of medical facilities to emphasize that LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is about health, not disease.
We are now taking in new participants.
For more information, contact our LIVESTRONG Team at 253-534-7880
Shoe Drive for Women’s Correction Center
Help another woman towards a new beginning. We are collecting gently used athletic shoes for women released from the Washington State Correctional Center for Women in Gig Harbor.
Please donate your gently used and clean athletic shoes to a drop-off location nearest you.
Drop Off Locations
- Tom Taylor Family YMCA
- Y’s Women Wellness Center at Point Fosdick
Schedule a Fitness Orientation to meet with a friendly Y coach and discuss your personal goals. Orientation appointment types include Connection, Equipment, Motivation, Measurement, Coaching for Healthy Eating, and Youth.
- CONNECTION APPOINTMENT | Get connected to Y programs based on your interests and personal goals. Take a tour of the facility, learn about programs and cardio equipment, and get to know our friendly Y staff.
- EQUIPMENT APPOINTMENT | Develop a safe and effective workout routine. Learn about fitness equipment and resources including free weights, weight machines, cardio equipment, Y workouts, and gym etiquette.
- MOTIVATION APPOINTMENT | Talk with a health coach about your wellness vision and create a plan to help you reach your goals. Learn about the many supportive resources and programs available to you as a Y member.
- MEASUREMENT APPOINTMENT | Set baseline measurements to support your goals. Measurements include cardiorespiratory functions, body composition, muscular endurance, and flexibility.
- COACHING FOR HEALTHY EATING APPOINTMENT | Review your current diet and learn ideas to improve your nutrition through healthy eating resources and programs.
- YOUTH APPOINTMENT | Youth 10-14 years old can meet with a health coach to learn exercises and how to safely use fitness equipment that is age-appropriate.
Our certified personal trainers will use their knowledge of current research concepts, principles of sound exercise, and state-of-the-art equipment to design and implement a program tailored just for you. Contact Deb Delong at 253-906-9945.Learn More about Personal Training
Guests who would like to visit our facility may purchase a one-day gues pass and take advantage of any free activity or drop-in programs offered on that day. Guest passes are valid anytime on the day of purchase at any YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties facility. Current members may bring guests at a reduced rate. Photo identification and a signed liability waiver are required for all guests 16 and older. Parent/guardian signatures on liability waivers are required for those under 18 years of age. In addition, a parent/guardian must accompany all children under the age of 12. Daily fees incurred within 30 days of purchasing a YMCA membership may be applied towards the joining fee. Please visit the Membership Office to purchase a guest pass.
Youth (Age 0-14)
- Guest Pass with a YMCA Member: $5
- Guest Pass without a Member: $10
Adult (Ages 15+)
- Guest Pass with a YMCA Member: $10
- Guest Pass without a Member: $15
- Guest Pass with a YMCA Member: $15
- Guest Pass without a Member: $25
JOIN THE Y TODAY