Mon - Thurs: 4:45am - 9:45pm
Fri: 4:45am - 9:30pm
Sat: 7am - 8pm
Sun: 9am - 6pm
We value your comments and feedback. Here you can find a running log of our facility improvements and monthly responses to our top trending comments. Please let us know what we're doing well and what we could improve by filling out a comment card or speaking to a staff member.
Updated January 11, 2018 | 4pm
- Replacing the sprinkler head in the men's locker room
- Retouch/Repaint sections of the building (interior)
- Adding rubber flooring to the Functional Fitness Room (February 2018)
- New fencing to the Market Street parking lot garbage locations (February 2018)
- Replacing stools in the Men's Locker Room (January 2018)
- New roof top unit for the HVAC system for the Men's Locker Room (April 2018)
- Replace Natatorium Sound System (March 2018)
- Replace second floor lounge furniture (February 2018)
- Updated flooring in the first weight room (July 2017)
- Replaced coils for the Steam Room generator (August 2017)
- Replaced humidifer in the Aquatics Center (August 2017)
- TRX Bar Installation in Group Exercise Room (August 2017)
- Elevator Repairs (September 2017)
- Toning and Stretching Room Floors waxed (September 2017)
- New Salt System and Deep Clean of Aquatic Center (October 2017)
- Shampooed All Carpets (October 2017)
- South Wall Repairs (September 15-November 17, 2017)
South Wall Repairs (continued):
The South Wall Project began Friday, September 15, 2017 under the watchful eye of the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties and contracting partner, J.C. Richard Construction Company. The need to reinforce and replace the South 13th street wall came about due to severely under-inforced structuring and sagging paneling. Overall, the wall presented serious mold and bubbling issues to the interior of our building and was a safety concern for the YMCA. The extensive renovation was scheduled to be completed by November 24, 2017 and was complete in total on Friday, November 17, 2017. One week ahead of schedule, all inspections passed and work was complete. The 10-week renvoation included: demolition of the old wall covering, removal of any mold that was found due to water damange, and installation of protective measures to prevent future mold from growing and spreading. J.C. Richards also identified and removed any damaged wood from the framing that is part of the south wall construct. Once old materials were removed and replaced, the new wall covering, EFIS (Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems) was applied. The application included: an optional water-resistive barrier adhesive (in some cases mechanical fasteners may be used), foam insulation board, base coat, reinforcement mesh, and finish, a textured finish coat that is decorative and protective. Thank you to the diligence of our Maintenace Staff and J.C. Richards Construction for not only completing an extremely difficult job, but doing so a week ahead of schedule!
Be sure to check out our Facebook page for renovation photos from the jobsite!
Please let us know if you have any questions regarding these projects or feedback on how we can serve you better by contacting Executive Director, Mark Willis at 253-460-8864.
In April, we conducted a survey of members to assess your satisfaction with our programs and facility. In response to your comments, we want to let you know what we heard and what we're doing to better serve you going forward.
You asked for more knowledgeable staff. We are launching comprehensive employee trainings for all staff.
You shared concerns about facility cleanliness. We are implementing additional bi-weekly clean sweeps.
You expressed frustration over the lack of classes. We will highlight popular classes quarterly to better inform members about the classes we offer.
Your feedback is crucial to help us better serve you and your family. Every month, we’ll share more details on how we’re improving our facility and programs in response to your comments.