AT THIS TIME, WE ARE SUSPENDING PLACEMENT OF VOLUNTEERS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. YOU MAY SUBMIT AN INTEREST FORM OR APPLICATION - PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY UNTIL OUR BRANCHES RESUME OPERATIONS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
Join a community of individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors. Every hour you contribute provides children and adults the support they need to be healthy, confident, connected, and secure. Please allow approximately 30 days to process your Volunteer Application.
If you are a current volunteer needing to make updates or wanting additional volunteer opportunities, click here to access your account.
What Our Volunteers Do
- Lead our Advisory Council and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more, and live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively affect societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities that give back and support their neighbors
Interested in working for the Y? Learn more about our career opportunities.
Creating a Safe Environment
Because of our role as an advocate for children and our responsibility for ensuring the safety and well-being of all our members, guests, volunteers, and staff, we conduct a thorough background check to the extent permitted by law. While criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to volunteering, they will be considered in relation to job placement.
YMCA volunteers are also required to complete the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties Child Abuse Prevention Training. Please contact the volunteer coordinator to reserve your seat at one of our training opportunities.
Bremerton Family YMCA
Greg Barker at 360-307-4060
Gordon Family YMCA
Brenna Bailey at 253-534-4756
Haselwood Family YMCA
Tina Sherman at 360-307-4018
Lakewood Family YMCA
Sierra Roberts at 253-460-8907
Mel Korum Family YMCA
Leslie Gotts at 253-460-8984
Morgan Family YMCA
Sarah Johnston at 253-460-8823
Tacoma Center YMCA
Amanda Merrigan at 253-460-8872
Tom Taylor Family YMCA
Kendra Henderson at 253-534-7868
University Y Student Center
Roberta Runion at 253-534-4731
YMCA Camp Seymour
Cindell Stacy at 253-884-3392
YMCA Center for Community Impact
Angie White at 253-405-7528
YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties
MoMo Pulliam at 253-534-4713