Join a community of individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors. Every hour you contribute provides children and adults the support they need to be healthy, confident, connected, and secure. Please allow approximately 30 days to process your Volunteer Application.
What Our Volunteers Do
- Lead our Advisory Council and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more, and live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively affect societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities that give back and support their neighbors
For youth with court-mandated or probation hours (ages 18 and under or enrolled in high school), please contact Chris Spivey at 253-460-8826 for programs available through the Center for Community Impact prior to applying for a volunteer opening.
Because of our role as an advocate for children and our responsibility for ensuring the safety and well-being of all our members, guests, volunteers, and staff, we conduct a thorough background check to the extent permitted by law. While criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to volunteering, they will be considered in relation to job placement.
YMCA volunteers are also required to attend the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties Child Abuse Prevention Training. Please contact the volunteer coordinator to reserve your seat at one of our training opportunities.
Bremerton Family YMCA
Stephen Tabor at 360-307-4055
Gordon Family YMCA
Courtney Lewis at 253-534-4743
Haselwood Family YMCA
Jamie Nocula at 360-307-4004
Lakewood Family YMCA
Tiffany Stewart-Harris at 253-460-8908
Mel Korum Family YMCA
Leslie Gotts at 253-460-8984
Tacoma Center YMCA
Deb Haywood at 253-460-8869
Tom Taylor Family YMCA
Stacy Datin at 253-534-7868
University Y Student Center
Mel Koch at 253-534-4727
YMCA Camp Seymour
Hollie Penuel at 253-460-8884
YMCA Center for Community Impact
Lisa Korby at 253-460-8917