5 - 11
17 - 18
6, 7, 8 Nite is this Saturday from 8:30-10:30pm. This event for middle schoolers in grades 6-8 is free and open to the public. Come play basketball or volleyball, swim, dance, or workout on the cardio equipment.
Throwback Thursday: Brandon, our contractor for the new Family Locker Room and the Lower Women's Locker Room remodel actually has deep roots in the Y. When he was a kid, Brandon was a part of the Y Indian Guides program, which took fathers and sons on camping trips. Here he is with his YIG vest from 1978-79.
#TBT #ThrowbackThursday #BeCauseY #YMCA
It's Y Arts Week! Today, take a free Photography Lesson in the ACCESS Center at 5pm, learn about the FLY Dance Company at an open rehearsal at 6pm, and kids can design your own coffee cup in the lobby!
Come build new friendships at 6,7,8 Nite. The Lakewood YMCA is proud to offer our new 6,7,8 Nite for middle schoolers every second and fourth Saturday of the month from 8:30-10:30pm. Enjoy basketball, dancing, volleyball, food, swimming, racquetball, and cardio equipment! This event is free and open to the community. Contact Stephen Merriam 253-460-8943 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Late registration for the Fall 1 session opens today at 5pm. Sign up for an additional class online at ymcapkc.org/register.
Werner was never the kind of person to exercise regularly, but as he started to notice the signs of advancing age, he decided it was time to begin a workout regimen to maintain his current level of good health. Werner was 83 years old the first time he set foot inside the Lakewood Family YMCA.
Read more of Werner's story at https://ymcapkc.org/stories/?sid=665
The new Family Locker Room and remodeled Lower Women's Locker Room are now open!
- The Family Locker Room is for men and women with children under the age of 15 and includes private changing rooms, shower stalls, and a Kid Shower with motion-activated shower heads. As a mixed-gender and mixed-age space, swimsuits are required in the showers.
- The newly remodeled Lower Women's Locker Room is located next to the Family Locker Room. It is for women and girls and features all new fixtures, lockers, and showers.
- With the addition of the Family Locker Room, the Assisted Changing Rooms located next to the Lower Men's Locker Room are now reserved for our members with special needs or who require help changing.
You spoke and we listened! As a result of our summer survey, we're pleased to announce that we are upgrading our nursery check-in process and moving to a new, flat-rate price structure starting October 9.
- Faster check-in and check-out
- No more paper punch cards!
- Enhanced security (designate who picks up your child)
- New flat-rate: $35 per family per month with a 2 hour max or $50 per family for a maximum of 3 hours per visit.
- Use your same account at any YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties location.
Questions? Contact Ashleigh Killpack at 253-460-8913 or email@example.com or visit https://www.ymcapkc.org/child-watch/#3.
Our Safety and Risk Manager gets candid about cameras:
For safety purposes, cell phones and cameras are strictly prohibited in our locker rooms and restrooms. Please leave them (and personal conversations) in your purse or bag while using these spaces.
While we enthusiastically applaud your efforts in the weight room and are fully supportive of your need for photo documentation of your exercise success, we kindly request that you resist the urge to take locker room selfies, which may cause people to question your intentions and create an awkward situation for everyone involved.
Thank you for your understanding and for alerting staff if and when you notice violations of this policy.