PLEASE BE ADVISED: Whenever severe weather is in the forecast, Lakewood Family YMCA will be open as long as it is safe for staff and members to travel to and from the facility.
Here are a few important pieces of information to consider during storms:
- Please take great care during travel should you choose to visit the facility during the storm.
- If there is a two-hour delay or closure announced for the Clover Park School District, then all programs and classes before 2pm will be canceled.
- Whether afternoon program and class schedules will go on as scheduled will be decided by midday, though depending on road conditions that could change.
- We will decide by midday if the building will be closed early because of the storm.
- It is the YMCA's policy to suspend facility activities if power is out for a period of 15 minutes or more without sign of restoration. Our generator runs emergency lighting, our pool filtration system, and basic power functions. Cardio equipment is not connected. Staff will remain onsite up until one hour has passed since the initial outage. They will reopen the facility if power returns within the hour.
- We will do our best to communicate when specific amenities are unavailable but we cannot guarantee a comprehensive list because of potential complications with Internet connections. You can also call the branch at 253-584-9622 for up-to-the-minute information.
You can track our current status both on this webpage and on our Facebook page. This page will be updated whenever new information becomes available, through our scheduled closing time each day.
YMCA Child Care Updates
Check here for information about weather-related delays and closures at YMCA Child Care sites: Learn more