Mon - Thurs: 5am - 10pm
Fri: 5am - 9pm
Sat: 7am - 8pm
Sun: 10am - 6pm
We value your comments and feedback. Here you can find information about our upcoming lobby remodel, a running log of our facility improvements, and monthly responses to our top trending comments. Please let us know what we're doing well and what we could improve by filling out a comment card or speaking to a staff member. Expand each section below to learn more.
As we celebrate our 25 year anniversary, it’s time to update our look. You may have noticed several facility improvements in the last 6-9 months and remodeling our lobby to create a more open and inviting space is a part of the overall plan to take us into the next 25 years. We are excited to bring new features, as well as increase the safety and security of the entry point. Our lobby renovation will allow us to better serve members and guests alike.
HIGHLIGHTS AND NEW FEATURES
- Front entryway expanded, creating a larger lobby
- Welcome Center closer to the front doors for prompter service
- Visible and more open Membership Office
- Additional member service desk for questions, equipment and merchandise sales
- Updated and rearranged café to maximize service and comfort
- Two-sided fireplace in the café
- Cozier lobby and café seating
- Heat Curtain at the front door to keep out the cold in the winter
We can now check off Week 6 of construction! The Korsmo team has been pouring concrete, and working to install steel beams for structural support. The estimated completion of the remodel is set for December 22. Stay up to date on the progress of our Lobby Remodel by checking back here, or "Like" us on Facebook.
Week 3 of construction is complete! The Korsmo team has been busy with the demolition phase, though there is still more work to be done.
ARE MY MEMBERSHIP DUES PAYING FOR THIS?
No, membership dues pay for day-to-day operating expenses like the lights, water, staff, and supplies. Capital projects, such as large renovations or repairs are paid for out of a separate fund. These capital improvement funds are set aside every year in order to help branches replace infrastructure and enhance the functionality of facilities.
In April, we conducted a survey of members to assess your satisfaction with our programs and facility. In response to your comments, we want to let you know what we heard and what we're doing to better serve you going forward.
- You asked for more swim lesson spots. Based on your feedback, we added 300 additional swim spots and will add 200 more over the course of this summer to serve more families. We are also launching a new skills-based swim lesson cirriculum next session.
- You shared concerns about the cost of membership. We try to help families benefit from their memberships by offering many of our programs at no additional cost. Additionally, we offer financial assistance to make sure that no one is turned away for inability to pay. Currently, 26% of Lakewood members receive some form of financial assistance.
- You expressed frustration over the cleanliness of the facility. To improve cleanliness, we hired a new company to clean our building after-hours. We expect to see a difference immediately.
Your feedback is crucial to help us better serve you and your family. Every month, we’ll share more details on how we’re improving our facility and programs in response to your comments.
- Field Expansion: To provide more space for our camp and youth sports league programs, we started a project to expand and re-grade our field.
- New Carpet and Furniture: We installed new carpet in our upstairs hallway and cardio strength area. We also replaced worn-out furniture.
- New Pool Window: We installed a new first-floor pool window to increase visibility into the aquatics center and added a countertop with built-in cell phone charging stations.
- Exercise Room Entrance Expansion: We expanded the entrances to two of our upstairs exercise rooms to improve accessibility for members and visibility for staff.
- Locker room privacy upgrades: We renovated our locker rooms to add additional shower partitions and changing stalls.