What's New at the Y
Silver&Fit® and YMCA partnership
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties has partnered with American Specialty Health Silver&Fit program to offer those over 65 years old access to a healthy lifestyle through Kaiser Washington Medicare members through their Vital, Essential, Optimal, and Group programs.
Eligible Silver&Fit members may visit any YMCA in Pierce and Kitsap counties today to confirm eligibility. Please bring documentation verifying eligibility and your YMCA membership will be established to start January 1. A YMCA membership offers unlimited access to group exercise classes, swimming and water fitness, social gatherings, fitness equipment, and more.
- Silver&Fit members pay no additional fee to join the YMCA, it is included in your health benefit.
- The Y is a values-based organization and builds community through friendship and fitness.
- Research shows 80% of older adults have at least one chronic disease, and the Y offers a variety of programs to prevent and manage chronic diseases.
- Nearly 1 out of 5 older adults are impacted by social isolation, and the Y offers a place to meet friends and share time and activities together.
Several major insurance providers are offering Silver&Fit as a benefit with their insurance plans. Contact your insurance provider or broker to learn of the fitness benefits associated with your insurance plan.
To confirm eligibility at the Y, provide documentation and/or your eight digit billing code.
Additional insurance provider programs partnering with the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties:
- AARP Medicare Supplement by United Healthcare previously called At Your Best
- RENEW ACTIVE by United Healthcare previously called Optum Fitness Advantage
Q: Does this replace SilverSneakers?
A: This is a similar benefits program through insurance providers, but with a different entity. The Y is excited to partner with Silver&Fit as part of our commitment to healthy aging programs and inclusive service to our community.
Q: Am I eligible for Silver&Fit?
A: Contact your insurance provider for information about benefits associated with your insurance plan.
Q: Should I consider switching insurance plans to be eligible for Silver&Fit?
A: Contact a trusted advisor to review insurance plans available to you.
Visit a YMCA near you and meet with a Membership Representative today.
Call the YMCA at 253-534-7800
Contact your insurance provider or trusted advisor.