Foster Youth Memberships at the YMCA
Every child deserves to feel like they belong. That's why the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties offers free memberships for youth in foster care. At the Y, youth learn new skills, develop connections to caring adult role models, and grow as part of a community. In order to help foster families afford the cost of programs that are not included in membership, financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
In addition to programs at our facilities, the Y also offers education, leadership, and healthy living programs through the YMCA Center for Community Impact; outdoor education, day camp, and overnight camp experiences at YMCA Camp Seymour; and before and after school care through YMCA Child Care.
Open the section below to learn more about how Tiffani was able to bring her foster youth to the Y:
As a single foster mom, Tiffani wanted to give the children in her care the opportunity to be active and social. That’s when she learned the Y offered free memberships to foster youth.
“I just can’t stress how much of a blessing it is to offer something like that,” said Tiffani. “The simple things that we all kind of grew up with, they don’t get to have, so I think it’s awesome that they even have the opportunity to have more.”
Working full-time, as well as being a single foster mom, Tiffani has been able to give her foster youth opportunities to grow and interact with other children in programs at the Y.
“If it were not for the free membership I would not be able to give my foster youth that experience with many of the other experiences,” said Tiffani.
To learn more about foster youth memberships, contact your branch champion:
- Bremerton Family YMCA | Melissa Davidson | email@example.com
- Gordon Family YMCA | Stefani Montague | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Haselwood Family YMCA | Amanda Chance | email@example.com
- Lakewood Family YMCA | Amy Boheman | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mel Korum Family YMCA | Jill Thaut | email@example.com
- Morgan Family YMCA | Hillary Kimsey | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tacoma Center Family YMCA | Tom Gorospe | email@example.com
- Tom Taylor Family YMCA | Janele Nelson | firstname.lastname@example.org