Forms and Policies
- Membership Enrollment Form
- Membership Cancellation Form
- Membership Update Form
- Financial Assistance Application
- Guest Pass Waiver
- Teen Late Nite Waiver
- 678 Waiver
To reactivate your membership, call us at 253-534-4715 or you can re-join online.
Requests must be submitted in writing to the Y by the 25th of the month prior to the month the hold is requested. Memberships may be held for up to three months in a calendar year.
Holds take effect the first of the month and end on the last day of the month. Membership holds must be for all members on a membership unit.
Members may take their account off hold at any time during the hold period. They then pay the prorated amount for the rest of the month and begin drafting the following month.
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties hopes to provide services that meet your health and wellness needs. However, we understand membership cancellations will occur. The YMCA requires written notification of cancellation by the 25th of the month to stop your draft for the next month. Please fax your cancellation notification to 253-566-9657 or mail to:
YMCA Association Office
4717 S 19th St Ste 201
Tacoma, WA 98405
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties reserves the right to suspend or cancel a membership when a member's behavior or language is judged to be in conflict with the welfare of other members or staff or in conflict with the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
PHOTO ID AND WAIVER REQUIRED
All guests are required to present their photo ID, sign a liability waiver, and pay a daily guest fee at the Welcome Center prior to entering the facility. All guests 14 years and older will be screened against a national sex offender registry. Once the waiver has been completed, it will remain active in our system for six months, provided the guest allows our staff to take his or her picture for storage in our system. Liability waivers without photos are valid for one day only.
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and
guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership,
end program participation, and remove visitation access.
MINORS AS GUESTS
Any guest under 18 years must have a current guest waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian in order to use the facility.
Observing guests, including caretakers, are required to present a valid photo ID and sign a guest waiver prior to entering the facility.
DAILY GUEST FEES
- Adults (15+ years)
$10 if accompanied by a member
$15 without a member
$5 if accompanied by a member
$10 without a member
$15 if accompanied by a member and for all families on Sundays
$25 without a member
- Adults (15+ years)
Member Code of Conduct
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is committed to providing a safe, positive, and welcoming environment for all of our members, guests, and community. To ensure the safety and comfort of all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times while in our facilities or while they are participating in YMCA programs.We expect all those using our YMCA facilities to behave in an appropriate, mature, and responsible manner, respecting the rights and dignity of others. Our Code of Conduct does not permit language or action that can hurt, frighten, or intimidate another person or falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct. Violation of these guidelines may result in suspension or revocation of membership privileges.Specifically we ask you to:BE RESPONSIBLE:
BE CARING TO OTHERS:
- Our facilities are Safe Zones. The use or possession of tobacco, drugs, alcohol, or weapons is not allowed in or at YMCA programs or facilities.
- Unsafe or dangerous behavior will not be tolerated.
BE RESPECTFUL OF YOURSELF AND OTHERS:
- Fighting, physical confrontation, or threatening behavior is not allowed in YMCA programs or facilities.
BE HONEST TO YOURSELF AND OTHERS:Conduct that does not support the YMCA mission or values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility is not acceptable and your membership could be terminated.
- Mistreatment or harassment of YMCA members, guests, or staff is strictly prohibited.
- Any demonstration of inappropriate displays of affection, sexual activity, or sexual contact with another person is strictly prohibited.
- Intentional damage or theft of another person's property or YMCA property will not be tolerated.
- Abusive or profane language will not be tolerated.
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times. As a family organization we encourage members and guests to maintain an appearance that is not disruptive, distracting, nor offensive in any regard or attire that does not present health or safety concerns. Accordingly, YMCA may restrict appearance and attire with special consideration for those specific issues. The list below is meant for example purposes and may not be inclusive of all expectations:
- Clothing and jewelry that carry sexual, vulgar, or offensive messages or references, including pictures of the use of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, and gang affiliation and any apparel item that can be used as a weapon will not be permitted.
- Additionally, throughout the facilities:
- Closed-toe athletic shoes and shirts or workout tops are required. Exceptions for certain classes and programs such as Yoga or dance classes. No shirts vs. skins games.
- Pants and shorts must be worn at the waist; underwear, boxers, or undershorts must be covered.
- Eye guards are strongly recommended to be worn in the racquetball courts during racquetball, squash, and handball play.
- Proper swim attire is to be worn in the swimming pools and spa areas. Please no gym shorts, cut offs or T-shirts. One piece suits for women are encouraged.
- Appropriate attire (swimwear) or towel wraps (non-coed facilities) are required for use of saunas and steam rooms.
- Members are required to show and scan their membership card upon entrance to a YMCA facility. Guests must be accompanied by the host member and are required to present photo identification.
- The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
- For a personalized health and fitness experience, the Y offers health and well-being coaches and personal training. Unauthorized personal trainers and sports-specific trainers are not allowed to train at the Y.