What's New at the Y
Silver&Fit® and YMCA partnership
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties has partnered with American Specialty Health Silver&Fit program through their Silver&Fit Premium Network to offer those who are Medicare-eligible access to a healthy lifestyle through the following health plans:
- Kaiser Washington Medicare members through their Vital, Essential, Optimal, and Group programs
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage (HMO) Plans
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Supplement (excluding closed and group plans)
Silver&Fit members through the Silver&Fit Premium Network may visit any YMCA in Pierce and Kitsap counties today to confirm eligibility. Please provide documentation of your insurance plan and your eight digit billing code. A YMCA membership offers unlimited access to group exercise classes, swimming and water fitness, social gatherings, fitness equipment, and more.
Additional insurance provider programs partnering with the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties:
- AARP Medicare Supplement by United Healthcare previously called At Your Best
- RENEW ACTIVE by United Healthcare previously called Optum Fitness Advantage
- Silver&Fit Premium Network members pay no additional fee to join the YMCA, it is included in your health benefit.
- The Y is a values-based organization and builds community through friendship and fitness.
- Research shows 80% of older adults have at least one chronic disease, and the Y offers a variety of programs to prevent and manage chronic diseases.
- Nearly 1 out of 5 older adults are impacted by social isolation, and the Y offers a place to meet friends and share time and activities together.
Q: Does this replace SilverSneakers?
A: This is a similar benefits program through insurance providers, but with a different entity. The Y is excited to partner with Silver&Fit Premium Network as part of our commitment to healthy aging programs and inclusive service to our community.
Q: Am I eligible for Silver&Fit Premium Network?
A: Contact your insurance provider for information about benefits associated with your insurance plan, or visit any YMCA in Pierce and Kitsap counties today. Please provide documentation of your insurance plan and your eight digit billing code.
Q: Should I consider switching insurance plans to be eligible for Silver&Fit Premium Network?
A: Contact a trusted advisor to review insurance plans available to you.
Visit a YMCA near you and meet with a Membership Representative today.
Call the YMCA at 253-534-4715
Contact your insurance provider or trusted advisor.