The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties has partnered with American Specialty Health Silver&Fit® program through their Silver&Fit® Premium Network to offer those who are Medicare-eligible access to a healthy lifestyle through the following health plans.
- Kaiser Washington Medicare members through their Vital, Essential, Optimal, and Group plans
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage (HMO) Plans
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Supplement (excluding closed and group plans)
- Regence BlueShield of Washington Med Advantage Plans
- Regence BlueShield of Washington MediGap Plans
Silver&Fit® members through the Silver&Fit® Premium Network may visit any YMCA in Pierce and Kitsap counties today to confirm eligibility. Please provide documentation of your insurance plan and your eight digit billing code. A YMCA membership offers unlimited access to group exercise classes, swimming and water fitness, social gatherings, fitness equipment, and more.
Renew Active by United Healthcare
Participating insurance plans are:
- AARP Medicare Supplement from United Healthcare
- AARP Medicare Advantage from United Healthcare
Silver&Fit Premium Network members pay no additional fee to join the YMCA, it is included in your health benefit.
The Y is a values-based organization and builds community through friendship and fitness.
Research shows 80% of older adults have at least one chronic disease, and the Y offers a variety of programs to prevent and manage chronic diseases.
Nearly 1 out of 5 older adults are impacted by social isolation, and the Y offers a place to meet friends and share time and activities together.
Y Experience Scholarships help remove the financial barriers to accessing YMCA facilities, programs, and services. The scholarship provides individuals and families the opportunity to participate in the life-changing programs and services offered by the YMCA regardless of age, background, ethnicity, ability, or income.