Youth Swim Lessons (Ages 6-11)
Classes are available Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday in the morning or afternoon. Some single-day classes are also available.
Youth Swim Lessons
- Develops skills in water adjustment, floating, kicking, and basic arm strokes. Skills include: bobbing five times, moving comfortably through the water for 15 feet on front and back, and floating unassisted.
- Focuses on deep-water adjustment and endurance. Skills include bobbing 10 times, front crawl and elementary backstroke for 30 feet, floating unassisted and treading water.
- For the intermediate swimmer able to swim one length of the pool front crawl, elementary backstroke, and sidestroke, while continuing to work on treading water for a minimum of 60 seconds.
- For children able to comfortably swim two lengths of the pool of front crawl, elementary backstroke, and backstroke. Additional skills include one length of breaststroke, feet first surface dives, and throwing assists.
- Children should be able to swim three lengths of front drawl, backstroke, breaststroke, elementary backstroke, and sidestroke. The butterfly stroke introduced endurance and stroke refinement increased, and competitive swimming practices introduced.
A swim team preparation class. Skills include: three lengths of front crawl, elementary backstroke, backstroke, sidestroke, breaststroke, and one length of butterfly. Flip turns, breaststroke open turns, and junior lifeguarding skills are introduced.
- Private and semi-private swimming lessons are available for an additional fee.
Contact Sara Netter