Our Voice is the Haselwood Family YMCA's monthly e-newsletter sent straight to your email so you can stay updated on all the key events happening at the Y. From our special events to important facility announcements, you'll find the best collection of news through Our Voice.
Not receiving this e-newsletter? Signup here by selecting the Haselwood Family YMCA from the signup website.
Basketball Registration | Through January 14
Registration for our Youth Basketball League starts on December 10! Practice dribbling, passing, catching, shooting and footwork skills, as well as concepts of offense, defense, cooperation, and teamwork as a member on a team and participate in competitive matches.
- Registration: $50 Members | $85 Community
- Ages: 4-13
- League Dates: January 21 - March 23
Winter 1 Program Registration | Register through January 2
Register for Winter 1 programming through January 2! Sign-up for Visual Arts, Dance, Swim Lessons, Sports Mix, Life University classes, and more!
Legacy Crew | Register through January 2
Legacy Crew gives teens the opportunity to learn real-life leadership skills and apply them through fun and engaging hands-on activities. Each session, a key leadership principle, will be focused on. During each class throughout the session, teens will learn an individual facet of that same principle and apply it through activities such as team building, group game innovation, service projects, event planning and hosting, and team collaboration.
- Ages: 11-17
- Registration Cost: Free
- Program Days/Time: Fridays from 4-5:30pm starting January 11
Performance Cheer Registration | Register through January 9
Performance Cheer is back at the Haselwood Family YMCA! Participants will learn cheers, jumps, motions, tumbling, stunts, and teamwork in a fun and energetic environment.
- Registration Packets can be acquired at the Welcome Center
- Performance Cheer Kick Off | January 12 from 1-3pm
Try our new Wellness Coaching Appointments! These FREE wellness appointments can help you set goals for success and support you along your journey. Choose from six different appointment types, each designed to create sustainable and personalized healthy living goals.
- CONNECTION - Get connected to Y programs based on your interests and personal goals. Take a tour of the facility, learn about programs and cardio equipment, and get to know our friendly Y staff.
- EQUIPMENT - Develop a safe and effective workout routine. Learn about fitness equipment and resources including free weights, weight machines, cardio equipment, Y workouts, and gym etiquette.
- MOTIVATION - Talk with a health coach about your wellness vision and create a plan to help you reach your goals. Learn about the many supportive resources and programs available to you as a Y member.
- MEASUREMENT - Set baseline measurements to support your goals. Measurements include cardiorespiratory functions, body composition, muscular endurance, and flexibility.
- COACHING FOR HEALTHY EATING - Review your current diet and learn ideas to improve your nutrition through healthy eating resources and programs.
- YOUTH - Youth 10-14 years old can meet with a health coach to learn exercises and how to safely use fitness equipment that is age-appropriate.
Weight Loss Program
Reach your wellness goals with us! Starting in late January, we will be offering a 12-week program designed to help you lose weight. This program will provide you with the tools, knowledge, and group support to help you develop a nutrition and exercise plan that works for you.
For more information, please contact:
Giving Tree | Thank You!
For the Giving Tree this year, we helped provide gifts to over 50 families and raised $4600 to provide programming to families in need! Thank you for your donations and support of our community.
"The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today"
- Jackson Brown Jr.
2019 REGISTRATION DATES
You can find all our registration dates for youth land and water classes on our Class Registration Information page.
There's no place more fun than the Y to host your child's next birthday party. With everything from a Rock Climbing and Pool parties, to Adventure Zone parties we are the place to play! Have an idea on a birthday theme you believe would be great for your child? Ask us how we can help make that party dream come true. We'd love to work with you to make it happen!
Contact Nicole Bauer at 360-307-4008
Jobs at the Y
"This job is more than just teaching kids what’s on the roster and checking stuff off. It’s about building up their confidence and helping them with not only in swimming but in life to become more confident and to try new things, even if they seem scary because there are people looking after you."
- Katie, Aquatics Staff
As a YMCA professional, your potential is limitless. With jobs available in a number of areas, such as Child Care, Aquatics, Membership, and Health and Well-being, you are bound to find a position that is right for you!
- Health and Well-being Coach | Guide and direct all fitness enthusiasts, regardless of fitness level through YMCA programs. Provides a quality experience to members and participants focused on YMCA core values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Manager On Duty | Save and change lives by being the first responder during emergencies, accidents, incidents, and behavioral concerns in the facility. As a Manager on Duty, you will oversee branch operations and administration by ensuring staff and members are in compliance with all YMCA policies and practices, supervising branch staff, and responding to emergencies and member incidents.
- Lifeguard | Create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement by maintaining surveillance over pools and aquatic deck areas, monitoring activities, identifying safety issues and concerns, and communicating with members.