Here are a few important pieces of information to consider during inclement weather:
- Please take great care during travel should you choose to visit the facility during the storm.
- If there is a two-hour delay or closure announced for the Sumner School District then all programs and classes before 2pm will be canceled.
- Whether afternoon program and class schedules will go on as scheduled will be decided by midday, though depending on road conditions that could change.
- We will decide by midday if the building will be closed early because of the storm.
- It is the YMCA's policy to suspend facility activities if power is out for a period of 15 minutes or more without sign of restoration. Our generator runs emergency lighting, our pool filtration system, and basic power functions. Cardio equipment is not connected. Staff will remain on site up until one hour has passed since the initial outage. They will reopen the facility if power returns within the hour.
- We will do our best to communicate when specific amenities are unavailable but we cannot guarantee a comprehensive list because of potential complications with Internet connections. You can also call the branch at 253-826-9622 for up-to-the-minute information.
You can track our current status both on this web page and on our Facebook page. This page will be updated whenever new information becomes available, through our scheduled closing time each day.