The Legacy Club is composed of individuals who have made an outright gift or notified the YMCA that they have a future planned gift to the YMCA endowment fund.
- An outright gift of cash
- An outright gift of appreciated assets
- Charitable gift annuities
- Retirement asset
- Life Insurance
The Legacy Club is a way for the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties to thank and recognize donors for demonstrating a commitment to the future of serving their community. By notifying the YMCA when you make a planned gift, you will receive the benefits of membership and encourage other friends of the YMCA to consider making their own future gifts to the endowment fund. As always we will respect the wishes of donors who desire to be anonymous. Benefits include:
- An invitation to the annual Celebration of Philanthropy, special Legacy Club gatherings, and other YMCA events.
- Access to estate planning resources, free of charge.
- Receiving information about YMCA programs that interest you, and have the opportunity to meet staff and participants from these programs.
- Consultations for you and your advisor(s) with gift planning staff to ensure the best match between your charitable intentions and the YMCA's needs.
- Receiving updates on the growth of our endowment and where it is being used.
NOTIFY THE Y OF YOUR PLANNED GIFT
- By Mail - Print and mail Bequest Intention form to Michelle LaRue (address below)
- Electronically - Fill out and submit the Bequest Form below
- By Phone - Contact 253-534-7842
YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties
4717 S 19th St Ste 201
Tacoma WA 98405
Your commitment to the Legacy Club is the strongest statement of support that you can make for preserving our mission. Please submit the following form to confirm your intentions.
I give (__________ dollars) or (a specific asset such as securities, real estate, or other property) or (all) or (_____) percent of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate) to the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties in Tacoma, Washington (for its general purposes) or (for the following purpose: ____________________________).
While unrestricted gifts allow the YMCA to allocate funds to areas of greatest need, you may designate your bequest for a particular purpose or use by a specific branch, program, or activity. In order to ensure the evolving needs of future generations of YMCA participants are met, it is advisable to include the following language with restricted gifts:
In the event that at some future time due to changed circumstances, in the judgment of the YMCA Board of Directors, it becomes impractical to apply my bequest to the designated purpose(s), the YMCA Board of Directors shall make such modifications as will appropriately recognize my interests in coordination with YMCA priorities.