More Memories. More Possibilities.
The new Scott and Sis Names Family YMCA will honor the past, reflecting the warm and openhearted spirit we've nurtured since 1977, and look toward the future to better serve our members and the community. The new, innovative building design will welcome more members, build community with open gathering spaces, and encourage participation for all.
The new facility will feature:
- A modern aquatics center that's accessible for all, so children can learn to be safe in and around the water and adults can experience the benefits of water exercise, including a lazy river, splash pad, and family changing rooms on the pool deck.
- Gathering spaces to foster a friendly and comfortable environment.
- A second-floor Health and Well-being area with floor-to-ceiling windows to bring in natural light and views of Mount Rainier.
- Space for youth and adults to explore creativity through the arts.
- Dedicated cycling and yoga rooms.
- A place specifically for youth and teens to gather, learn, and grow.
- An updated Child Watch area to serve our youngest members.
- Improved parking options with an additional 100 parking spaces.
The new facility will be an original design that honors the past and lays the foundation for the next generation to grow up in the Y.
- Approximately 94,000 square feet
- Projected to serve 21,000 people per year