Amenities Available To Members At All Community Centers
- Indoor and outdoor group exercise classes are available by reservation.
- Indoor and outdoor workouts are available by reservation.
- Youth arts, gymnastics, and swim lessons are available both in-person and virtually. More specific information is available at ymcapkc.org/youth.
- Aquatics centers remain open for lap swimming, water aerobics, and recreational swim.
- YMCA Child Care and YMCA Camp Seymour Scholars remain open to provide distance learning support to more than 600 students every day.
- YMCA Camp Seymour Outdoor Adventures are available for one family per activity.
- Y on the Fly is serving middle school students with academic support and family resources in the Tacoma and Lakewood communities.
Community Center Hours For All Available Locations
- Monday-Friday | 6am-7pm
- Saturday | 7am-1pm
- Sunday | closed
Tacoma Center YMCA hours differ. We will continue to evaluate operating hours and amenities as we move forward.
Member and Staff Expectations
- We offer limited member offerings and facility access.
- Clean equipment before and after use.
- Follow physical distancing guidelines.
- When you arrive, make yourself aware of our new building flow.
- Wear a mask at all times in the Y in alignment with Healthy Washington guidelines.
- Pierce and Kitsap Counties members are always welcomed, guests are asked to stay home.
- Masks and Personal Protection Equipment will be required
- Training around COVID-19 policies and practices will be required
- Cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and spaces will be done throughout staff shifts
- Physical distancing guidelines will be applied
Guidelines For Building Capacity and Access
Washington State Phase 2 and 3 Fitness and Training Requirements
- Access the facility through the front doors, no other entry points will be available
- Towel Service will be discontinued during this phase
- No in-facility Child Watch permitted
- No showers, squash or racquetball courts, hot-tubs, saunas, or steam rooms available during these phases
- Certain recreational spaces limited to only small groups of 5 with minimum of 6 feet physical distance between individuals at all time
- Locker room use will be limited for hand washing and restrooms only, or avoided if possible
- Recreational facilities at <25% capacity (pools have limited designated usage)
- Allow gatherings with no more than 5 people
- All group fitness classes are limited to a max of 5 - dependent upon space
Building Capacities (Based On One Person Per 300 Usable SQ FT)
- 25% capacity numbers factored at full building capacity (1 person per 100 sq ft), though only taking into account the open, usable square footage allowed during current phase guidelines (Phase 2 and 3) - room capacity posted in each space, based either on 1/300 sq ft or 25% capacity - whichever number is lower
- Branches larger than 12,000 sq ft, occupancy may not exceed 25% capacity
Washington State Phase 4 Fitness and Training Requirements
- To be determined