FIND YOUR ARTS CLASS
At the Y everyone is encouraged to participate, regardless of artistic ability, experience, or financial circumstance. We recognize the arts strengthen and enrich communities, teach people of all ages’ creativity, self-confidence, empathy, and the open-mindedness that makes our world a better place. Y Arts programs are designed to focus on the whole person and serve as a platform to ignite a passion that can lead to a lifetime of arts appreciation and participation.
TRY AN ART CLASS FREE AT THE Y IN AUGUST!
Take this quick survey to find the right art class for you or your child.
WHAT MAKES THE ARTS AT THE Y SPECIAL?
We celebrate diversity and the arts everywhere at the Y. Our arts programs encourage personal expression and the freedom to create while providing new experiences for all.
Members and community members can explore and express their creative talents in a healthy and supportive environment for building new skills. Classes help children and adults develop confidence and increased self-awareness as they practice in problem-solving, critical thinking, and attention to detail.
EXPLORE YOUR ARTS OPTIONS
- Dance | Dancers of all ages and experience levels learn technique and terminology while focusing on creativity and exploration of movement. Program offerings are diverse from ballet and jazz to hip hop and all dancers have the opportunity to participate in an annual recital.
- Music | The creative world of musical expression is introduced to all ages and experience levels through piano, guitar, ukulele, and voice classes.
- Theater | Learn how to express yourself in exciting and innovative ways through story and character development, improvisational skills, and interpreting scripts creatively.
- Musical Theater | Classes combine music, song, dialogue, acting, and dance. End of season performances are offered at many locations.
- Visual Arts | Creativity is explored as artists engage in hands-on projects using varying art mediums like painting, drawing, ceramics, and mixed media.
- Digital Arts | Explore a variety of digital software that will enhance creativity and imagination as the principles of art are introduced.
- Culinary Arts | Hands-on cooking classes give emerging chefs the opportunity to learn cooking techniques, make tasty recipes, and learn about healthy food substitutions. If you have food allergies, please indicate upon registration. We will do our best to accommodate you.
Want to learn more about arts at the Y? Call one of our friendly member engagement representatives to ask questions.