Aquatics Options for Tom Taylor Members
The Tom Taylor aquatics center natatorium will reopen on June 26 with a new roof, improved airflow quality, reduced glare, and more. Until then, we are excited to offer numerous options and programming to support members while the enhancement project is being completed. Registration is required for some options.
Open Swim and Lap Swim Options
- Closest YMCA Centers to Tom Taylor: Morgan Family YMCA (10.7 miles), Tacoma Center YMCA (ages 18+ and 16.8 miles), Bremerton Family YMCA (21.8 miles), and Haselwood Family YMCA (27 miles).
- Camp Seymour | Gig Harbor (registration required): This iconic location will make its pool available to Tom Taylor members Mondays through Thursdays for open swim. Registration is required, as parking is limited.
- Peninsula School District Drop-In Swim: Gig Harbor High School and Peninsula High School pools will be available to Tom Taylor members for drop-in open swim and lap swim on Saturdays and Sundays. All active members with signed waivers are welcome to visit during the listed hours and scan in, just as they do at the Y. There is a limit of 25 members in the pool at a time.
Swim Lessons Options
- Tom Taylor Lessons at Morgan Family YMCA: Tom Taylor members who are interested in swim lessons can fill out an interest form that is now available. We will do our best to place participants with Tom Taylor swim instructors for these limited-time lessons. Otherwise, you will receive instructions on how to register for swim lessons at Morgan Family YMCA when seasonal registration opens for the Spring 2 session on May 10.
- Parents will be notified before normal swim lesson registration if they were selected and will have the option to participate in normal registration if they are unable to secure a spot with a Tom Taylor instructor.
- Tom Taylor Swim Lessons at Morgan Family YMCA | Swim Lesson Interest Form
- Additional Lessons at Bremerton Family YMCA: Bremerton will be increasing its lesson capacity at the legendary Glenn Jarstad Aquatics Center which has mentored Olympic medalists! Tom Taylor will send aquatics instructors to Bremerton. Members can sign up through Spring 2 registration which opens on May 10.
Swim Team Options
- Tom Taylor Swim Team: Swim team will offer adjusted programming during the closure for free! Registration fees will be waived while the natatorium project is completed.
- Dryland practice will be offered weekly.
- In-water practice on select days will be available at Bremerton Family YMCA. The schedule will be announced soon.
Water Exercise Options
- Water Exercise at Camp Seymour | Gig Harbor: This is a self-led, low-intensity, early-morning exercise option for adults. This iconic space is ideal for aqua yoga or water walking. The 23-yard heated, outdoor pool offers depths that range from 3 to 9 feet. Programs at Camp Seymour run rain or shine regardless of air temp; however, programs will pause for lightning. Bring your own equipment. Registration is required and opens May 8.
- Camp Seymour | Water Exercise: Register here
- Water Exercise at Morgan and Bremerton Family YMCAs: Options will be available for members to take classes such as Water Walking and Water Aerobics at these locations.