We are a powerful association of men, women, and children committed - since 1883 - to bringing about lasting personal and social change to communities in Pierce and Kitsap Counties. To ensure this proud heritage of service remains relevant to our growing, changing communities, our Board of Directors developed a strategic plan to guide the organization through the year 2020.
ensure access to all members of our community by:
- Focusing on under-resourced communities
- Working through partnerships and collaborations
- Building community through a sense of belonging and fostering relationships
We will support Youth Development by:
- Leading and championing youth health issue collaborations, with emphasis on nutrition and physical activity levels. Learn more.
- Increasing youth financial assistance from 14% to 20% of all membership and program participants.
We will improve Healthy Living by:
- Strengthening families through opportunities for parents and children to share in their spiritual, mental and physical development.
- Inspiring healthier lifestyles through 12-week YMCA membership for all Pierce and Kitsap County 12 year olds. Learn more.
- Reversing the trend of youth obesity and curtailing the increasing incidents of chronic diseases in our community.
We will increase Social Responsibility by:
- Serving and building communities that are accessible geographically and economically, with emphasis on under-resourced communities.
- Ensuring a YMCA facility or program center is accessible within 15 minutes of everyone in Pierce and Kitsap Counties.
- Building and opening the Haselwood Family YMCA in Silverdale
- Securing a YMCA facility in Sumner
- Building and opening Dining Hall at Camp Seymour
- Youth Obesity
- Teen Outreach
- Mission Development